The faucet is a common name for a water valve. It is used to control the size of the water flow. It has the effect of saving water. The faucet first appeared in the 16th century and was cast in bronze. Its main function is to control the water outlet switch and the amount of water flow. The early faucets were screw-lifting, and most of the faucets on the market were ceramic cartridge. The screw-lifting has basically been eliminated.
In the 21st century, huge changes have taken place in the consumer market. Material abundance has created a trend of scenic life in the world. Many consumers have started to have their own unique understanding and rights to the taste of life. Materialism, cultural interest, personality, and other flags, to create their own perfect living space. In the past, when many families purchased faucets, they simply thought that “it works.”
Nowadays，more and more people are importing from China.The world’s largest faucet market is Asia, with a market size of USD 4.737 billion in 2018 and a global market share of 41.2%, followed by Europe with a market size of USD 3.427 billion and a global market share of 24.1%. North America ranked third in total. The market size was 2.142 billion US dollars, accounting for 23.6% of the global market share. In 2018, the global faucet output was 1.726 billion sets and the consumption was 2.421 billion sets.
In recent years, the overall bathroom space has become a development object that major bathroom brands are striving to chase. In order to obtain a larger market cake, traditional ceramic bathroom brands have fully integrated the advantages of bathroom, hardware accessories and overall space design, and have become the marketing of the bathroom industry. Another major growth point. It is precisely through this channel that domestic faucet manufacturers have gradually entered the industry’s mid-to-high-end brand market.
The faucet is updated very quickly, from the old-fashioned cast iron process to the electroplated knob type, and then to the stainless steel single temperature single control faucet, stainless steel double temperature and double control faucet, and kitchen semi-automatic faucet. Nowadays, more and more consumers choose faucets from a comprehensive consideration from many aspects such as material, function and shape.
Faucet industry standards to be introduced
Relevant departments have started the revision of the national standard “ceramic sheet sealing nozzle” (GB18145-2003). The relevant person in charge of the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine stated that the newly revised standard will refer to the US standard NSF / ANSI61-2012 “Pipe Water System Components-Impact on Health”. The amount of precipitation of various metal elements is compulsory, and the standard limit value and detection method are the same as those of the American standard.
With the introduction and implementation of industry standards, the reshuffle of the faucet industry is also imminent. The implementation of industry standards is most beneficial for large-scale faucet production. Most of the faucets they produce are going international. Production equipment and inspection equipment have been updated. It is understood that such enterprises only account for about 30% of the industry, and there are still some enterprises. In the process of upgrading, such enterprises currently occupy about 40%.
What are the faucet classification?
1. According to materials, it can be divided into SUS304 stainless steel, cast iron, all-plastic, brass, zinc alloy material faucets, polymer composite faucets and other categories.
2. Divided by function, it can be divided into basin, bathtub, shower, kitchen sink faucet and electric hot water faucet (porcelain electric hot water faucet). With the improvement of living standards, faucets (porcelain electric hot water faucet) that can be heated quickly Welcomed by consumers, it is expected to become a new protagonist leading the faucet revolution.
3. According to the structure, it can be divided into single tap, double tap and triple tap. In addition, there are single handle and dual handle. Single type can be connected to cold water or hot water pipes; double type can be connected to two hot and cold pipes at the same time, mostly used in bathroom sinks and kitchen faucets with hot water supply; triple type except two hot and cold water pipes Outside the pipe, you can also connect the shower head, which is mainly used for bathtub faucet. The single handle faucet can adjust the temperature of hot and cold water with one handle, and the double handle needs to adjust the cold water pipe and hot water pipe to adjust the water temperature.
4. According to the opening method, it can be divided into spiral type, wrench type, lifting type and induction type. When the screw-type handle is opened, it needs to rotate a lot of turns; the wrench-type handle generally only needs to be rotated 90 degrees; the lift-type handle only needs to be raised up to discharge water; as long as the handle of the inductive faucet extends under the faucet, the water will be automatically discharged. In addition, there is a type of faucet that is turned off after a delay. After turning off the switch, the water will flow for a few seconds before stopping, so that the dirty things on your hands can be washed again when the faucet is turned off.
5. According to the cartridge, it can be divided into rubber core (slow-open spool), ceramic spool (quick-open spool) and stainless steel spool. The most important factor affecting the quality of a faucet is the spool. Most of the taps that use rubber cores are spiral-opened cast iron faucets, which have been basically eliminated; ceramic valve taps have appeared in recent years, with good quality and common; stainless steel valve taps are more suitable for areas with poor water quality.
6. Faucet water purifier
The main water purification technologies for faucet water purifiers are as follows:
(1) Activated carbon technology With activated carbon as the main water purification material of the leading water purifier, the nano-active filter element has a relatively good adsorption capacity, and it has a relatively good filtering effect on chlorine, heavy metals, and pesticides in water before adsorption saturation.
(2) Hollow fiber technology Water purification technology based on hollow fiber membranes can filter out most pollutants in water, and the filter element needs to be replaced regularly.
(3) Ceramics and nano-KDF technology Most domestic products use water purification technology based on microporous ceramic filter elements and nano-KDF filter materials, dechlorinated balls and alkaline balls. Water purifier and ceramic filter element can be cleaned repeatedly. After a certain service life, the filter element needs to be replaced regularly.