How to choose the right faucet
Faucets must be something every family has, how to choose a faucet, there are also methods and skills. The faucets in the kitchen and bathroom should be paid attention to when purchasing. Some friends buy some inferior faucets. It doesn’t take long before they start to rust and break. After eating such water, the human body is very harmful. How to choose a faucet? The faucet has a trick for your reference.
1. Look at the material: Generally, there are titanium alloy products, copper chrome-plated products, stainless steel chrome-plated products, aluminum alloy chrome-plated products, iron chrome-plated products, etc. in order of quality.
2. Look at the valve core: the valve core is the heart of the faucet, and the ceramic valve core is the best valve core. Products with better quality all use ceramic valve cores, which have the characteristics of strong wear resistance and good sealing performance. Generally, they can be used more than 300,000 times; low-end products mostly use copper, rubber and other seals, which have a shorter service life, but the price low.
3. Look at the plating layer: among chrome-plated products, the plating layer of ordinary products is 20 microns thick, and the material is easily oxidized by air over time, while the exquisite copper chrome plating layer is 28 microns thick. Its structure is tight, the plating layer is uniform, and the color is bright. Smooth and delicate, it can keep the brightness as new after a long time.
4. Look at the appearance: it can be integrated with the style of the basin, bathtub and bathroom to play a finishing touch.
5. Practical: Imported brands are mostly titanium alloy or copper chrome-plated, the “color surface” is crisp, exquisite and durable, but the price is expensive; domestic brands of copper chrome-plated are relatively affordable, while stainless steel chrome-plated products are cheaper.
Don’t miss the tips for buying faucets.
1. To test the book: the quality is more guaranteed
The body of the faucet is generally brass. The electroplating quality of products made of brass can be guaranteed. The higher the purity of the brass, the better the electroplating quality, and the more resistant the electroplating layer on the surface is to corrosion. In order to reduce costs, some manufacturers choose zinc alloy instead of brass. Although the country allows zinc alloy materials to replace brass, the quality of zinc alloy plating is poor and corrosion resistance is not strong.
Generally speaking, consumers can use the method of weight estimation for identification when purchasing. Brass is heavier and harder, and zinc alloy is lighter and softer. However, experts in the main material department of Kuoda Decoration believe that the quality of the faucet should not be judged by weight alone, “because some manufacturers can increase the wall thickness of the faucet or add other metal materials to make the faucet heavier.” Consumers are best to ask the sales staff for the test report of the product. If the test report confirms that the product is qualified, then “the problem is not big”. In addition, consumers should choose a more durable integral casting faucet. The integrally cast faucet sounds more dull when tapped. Consumers can judge whether the faucet is integrally cast by tapping the tap when purchasing.
2. Brand recognition: after-sales service is more secure when choosing a brand
After **, consumers should go to regular markets and supermarkets to buy branded faucets. Branded products have the manufacturer’s brand logo, and informal products or quality products are often only pasted with some paper labels, or even without any marks. The faucet packaging box should also contain the manufacturer’s brand logo, quality assurance certificate and after-sales service card.
3. Turn the handle: it feels good to light the spool
Common faucet valve cores include steel ball valve core and ceramic valve core. The steel ball valve core has good pressure resistance, but the disadvantage is that the sealing rubber ring is easy to wear and will quickly age. Compared with the steel ball valve core, the ceramic valve core is more heat-resistant and wear-resistant. At the same time, the ceramic valve itself has good sealing performance, so it can achieve a high resistance to opening times and will not cause the nozzle to drip due to the wear of the valve core. The faucet with ceramic valve core is more comfortable and smooth in hand, and opens and closes quickly. Since the valve core is inside the faucet, consumers cannot see the valve core when purchasing, but consumers can simply judge whether the valve core is good or bad based on the feel when turning the handle. Generally speaking, if consumers turn the handle up, down, left and right, if they feel light and without blocking, it means that the valve core is better.
4. Test water flow: rich and soft foaming indicates that the bubbler is better
Consumers should try their best to choose a faucet with a bubbler, and feel the water flow with their hands. The soft and foaming (bubble content of the water flow) indicates that the bubbler is of good quality. The bubbler generally has six layers, and is usually composed of a metal mesh cover (part of which is plastic). When the water flows through the mesh cover, it will be cut into a large number of small water columns with air in the middle, so that the water will not splash around.