What should I do if the sprinkler has a small water flow and leaks?
What should I do if the shower sprinkler has small water flow, leaks, or is blocked?
Showers are commonly used at home. What if one day suddenly finds that the water flow is very small, the shower is leaking, or the shower is blocked? Do you know how to fix it? Is it the cause? Let’s take a look at how to deal with these things.
What is the reason for the small water sprinkling
Whether it is a workplace worker who is mentally stressed or a worker who consumes a lot of physical energy, whenever the body and mind is exhausted, just take a decompression hot bath to refresh and refresh. The blood is resurrected, but it is drizzle when the flower is opened?
1. Is the tap water pressure of the user’s home smaller than before: If so, you need to find a tap water company to check the water supply pipeline and pressure
2. The valve of the pipeline connected to the water heater is opened smaller: open the water inlet valve larger.
3. Due to the high floor and the low water pressure of the water source, the water output will be smaller after the pressure is reduced by the mixing valve. At this time, it is recommended to connect a water heater in series between the water supply valve and the water inlet Booster pump.
4. The water mixing valve is congenital inadequate, the diameter is small, and the throttling causes the water output to become small: the inlet end of the detachable water mixing valve, try to connect it to the water heater’s water supply valve with a hose, or connect the nozzle hose directly to Try the hot water outlet end of the water heater, and distinguish the quality of the mixing valve according to the water output of the nozzle; replace the mixing valve of the formal brand under the premise of the water pressure of the water source.
5. Improper installation, deformed rubber ring, uneven or thin water outlet pipe joint, mismatch between hose and shower, etc.: Select the appropriate hose and shower according to the specifications, replace the rubber ring, and reinstall.
6. The sprinklers are congenital insufficiency and large internal resistance leads to small water output: replace the sprinklers.
7. The shower pipe is broken, and the pipe is clogged to prevent water: the water pipe needs to be protected during use. Although the creases will not only affect the appearance, but there are many creases that are prone to water leakage.
8. The nozzle is clogged, resulting in poor water flow. Generally, if the water in the home is too alkaline and contains some impurities, it is easy to block the shower holes; in addition, air deposits and dust will enter the interior through the shower holes and accumulate for a long time. It will also block the shower; improper adjustment of the shower nozzle may also cause the increase of foreign matter and scale.
The solution to the nozzle blockage
1. Rotate and adjust the shower nozzle.
2. After disassembling the nozzle, place the nozzle with the spray eye facing upward, and find a soft object to gently touch it to shake off the clogged gravel. At the same time, clean the nozzles one by one, and then repeatedly clean them with clean water. , Then install and restore.
3. Go to the supermarket to buy a bottle of descaling agent to remove dirt, and remove the shower head. Put it in the water and clean it well with a descaling agent, and generally it will be faster to clean it with warm water. After rinsing, be sure to wipe off the descaling agent left on the shower head, and then install the shower head as it was.
4. Take out a little vinegar (rice vinegar) and immerse the shower in the vinegar. Be sure to immerse all the small holes in the vinegar. Wait about ten minutes before taking it out, and then rinse with water to remove the vinegar remaining in the shower.
In addition, if your shower head is fixed on the wall, it cannot be removed and soaked in vinegar. You can fill the sprinkler with a plastic bag filled with vinegar, stick it with tape and let it sit overnight, and then remove the vinegar bag the next morning. But be careful not to stick the tape to the wire board or paint.
At the same time, be careful not to use strong acid when removing scale, so as not to cause corrosion to the shower surface.
What should I do if the shower is leaking?
Shower blockage problem
If the shower nozzle is used for a long time, the water output will become smaller. This is because the water quality is not good, the water contains a lot of alkali, and the scale deposits on the water outlet, causing the shower to be blocked. At this time, the brand’s after-sales service will be effective. When buying a shower, you don’t have to choose well-known brands, but you must choose those brands that everyone recognizes.
Shower plating problem
It is ugly to see the paint peeling off the coating of the shower head. If you have just bought the shower head for a short time, this problem will affect the appearance. In addition, some poor-quality showers will block because of paint falling off. So we have to take a closer look at whether there are any problems with the surface of the purchased shower head.
When buying a shower, you must carefully observe whether the surface of the shower is smooth or not. If it feels a bit rough to the touch, it must be a second-processed shower, let alone the quality.
Some showers are made of plastic or cast iron. Plastic materials may add a lot of waste, and the service life will not be very long. Of course, some hand-held showers can use organic glass ABS and other materials. However, it is not recommended that you choose the shower head made of cast iron, which is extremely easy to rust. Many customers regretted the purchase of this shower head. Because it didn’t take long before it started to rust. Even if it looks ugly, it also clogs the water outlet, it is best if the entire shower is broken. At present, the best material is pure copper shower head. If it is good in the market, most of it is made of pure copper.
What should I do if the shower head leaks?
1. How to judge whether the shower head is leaking
1. Cover the water outlet of the shower head with the palm of your hand, and use your mouth to blow into the water inlet to check whether there is water leakage. If there is a leak, the shower head will leak.
2. When the shower head is flowing with water, it is slightly tilted on one side when the water is discharged, it is easy to see whether the shower head is leaking.
3. Multifunctional shower heads are the easiest to leak when they have dual functions. Some shower heads do not leak water only in one pattern, but it is difficult to ensure that they will not leak under dual functions.
2. How to solve the problem of water leakage in the shower head
1. Repair the leakage at the steering ball of the shower head.
Solution: First unscrew the shower head from the steering ball ring, find the O-ring or similar seal inside and replace it, and then rotate the shower head back to its original position.
2. Leakage occurs at the joint of the shower head handle.
Solution: Choose the appropriate shower hose and faucet according to the specifications, replace its rubber ring, and reinstall it. First use lashing pliers to unscrew the shower head handle from the hose. Clean the thread on the handle of the shower head, and coat the water pipe special adhesive or tie the water pipe special tape on the surrounding area. Then turn the shower head back and tighten it, and remove the excess adhesive and tape.
3. Water leakage in the shower head may also be caused by sand or sediment in the shower head, or accumulated dander and mineral deposits.
Solution: Unscrew the shower head for cleaning. If necessary, soak the parts with vinegar, and scrub the parts, taking care to avoid scratching them. If the shower head is an adjustable spray type, carefully check all movable parts for signs of excessive wear. If the rotating handle cannot move smoothly or the internal cam is broken, the entire shower head needs to be replaced.
4. The fine water from the shower head becomes a mixture of coarse and fine.
Solution: Rotate and adjust the shower head. If it still does not work, open the small round cap in the middle of the shower head with a screwdriver, open the shower head and rinse with water. You can also brush the shower hole with a toothbrush, and then install and restore it. can.
What to do if the shower is leaking teaches us how to solve the problem of the shower. However, to completely eliminate the problem of water leakage in the shower, it is necessary to purchase products with guaranteed quality, pay attention to maintenance, and replace them in time when the service life is up. Every step must be followed up in place.
What should I do if the shower head is blocked?
After a long period of use, the shower head will be blocked. This is natural. This does not mean that the shower head is broken. Don’t worry, you don’t need to buy a new one at all. This is due to scale formation after long-term water discharge. , You only need to disassemble and clean the shower head.
Dip in vinegar
If your shower head has been blocked for a long time, and a large number of holes have been blocked. So using a needle to pierce one by one is obviously not showing up. In this case, it is recommended that you use acidification to remove dust to solve the problem of clogged shower heads. You need to prepare some white vinegar. Pour the vinegar into a basin so that the shower head can be submerged. After soaking in vinegar for about ten minutes, the scale in the shower head can be removed.
If some of the small holes in the shower in your house are blocked, then let the water out first, and you can see that the holes are blocked at the bottom. Then you have to open the shower head of the shower and see that there are many small holes on the shower head like a shower head. This is where the water comes out. Then we first prepare a needle, and then use the needle to pierce the impurity in the perforation with the small hole that we just saw without water until there is no impurity in the hole. This method is the most straightforward, but be careful to puncture the shower hole.
If the metal of the shower head is rusted and the blockage is very serious, then use WD-40 rust-removing and anti-rust lubricant. This rust removal lubricant can have very good affinity and permeability with metals. The rust layer can be separated from the metal layer. Make the rusty part and the metal contact surface, and leave a protective film. Let the shower never rust to death. This method may be used if the shower head in your home is not made of stainless steel.